2022 New Mexico Application (All Species)
Application Strategy Videos • 21m
Randy keys in on New Mexico that he deems the "land of enchantment". And for good reason, because the state holds numerous high quality public land hunts especially for elk. There isn't a point system, so it is possible to draw a primo tag on your first try. 84% of tags go to residents and of that remaining 16%, 10% goes to hunters who are hunting with outfitters. So that only leaves 6% of the tags for the DIY non-resident hunter.
Up Next in Application Strategy Videos
Utah Application Breakdown 2022
Randy explains everything you need to know about applying for all spices in Utah. Utah is known for some amazing hunting opportunities, however, getting a tag as a non-resident is the tricky part. Is Utah worth applying for? Find out!
2022 Arizona Elk & Pronghorn Applicat...
Randy explains everything you need to know about applying in Arizona for elk and pronghorn. Randy talks about why Arizona is one of the best states for a non-resident to start building an elk application plan in. He also breaks down the pronghorn opportunities in Arizona.
Draw Odds Explained!
Randy explains what draw odds are, are not, and other considerations a nonresident may want to think about this application season. Historical draw odds are the first step in having a good plan. But considering things like other application behavior, drought, unit popularity, and point creep can ...